Zooming Through Transition
The annual Midwest Transition Institute went virtual in 2021. The Iowa and Nebraska Deafblind Projects hosted the on-line event in which youth who are DeafBlind and their families participated in four zoom sessions. Each session covered an area of transition and was engaging and meaningful to both parent and young adult. Parents and young adults left the institute with action plan steps towards transition. Dates and activities were as follows.
● July 6, 2021: Robbin Keating Clark - Creating a Path Toward Independence
● July 10, 2021: 2021 MTI DeafBlind Talent Show
● July 13, 2021: DeafBlind Mentors - My Wants, Dreams, and Desires
● July 20, 2021: Helen Keller National Center - Self-Advocacy
● July 27, 2021: Robbin Keating Clark - Bring it All Together!